About the Role
We are looking for experienced investors who are easy to work with to help our financial advisor client build better portfolios. We prefer candidates who were former portfolio managers or analysts, and/or have advanced degrees, and/or have worked for a financial advisory firm.
- Help financial advisors build better portfolios through Portfolio Reviews by listening to their investment views, preferences, and goals, and bring the best of Fidelity to help them improve their portfolios.
- Become a trusted advisor to the advisors on the Fidelity Custody & Clearing Solutions (FCCS) platform as these advisors seek consultation on asset allocation, manager selection, and overall portfolio construction.
- Synthesize the best of Fidelity and contribute to our thought leadership in portfolio construction.
1. Gain a deep understanding of Fidelity’s asset allocation views from our Asset Allocation Research Team (AART).
2. Gain a deep understanding of manager research and maintain our open architecture approach by working with Fidelity Institutional Wealth Advisory (FIWA)’s manager research team
3. Gain a deep understanding of Fidelity’s investment approach through our quarterly manager meetings with Fidelity’s top portfolio managers.
- Collaborate with teammates in investment product, macro strategy, investment sales, custody & clearing relationship management in delivering the best of Fidelity.
- Present at our Portfolio Construction Institute events and other client speaking events.
- Communicate key findings & actionable guidance in a clear, concise & inspiring manner to establish oneself as a highly valued partner in the advisor's practice and the wholesaler/relationship manager's region.
5+ years' experience in providing investment guidance, preferably across multiple asset classes & styles. Background in portfolio decision-making is highly desirable.
CFA charter holder
MBA or master’s degree preferred.
FINRA Series 7 & 63 licenses required within 4 months of joining
Demonstrated investment acumen, with the ability to respectfully challenge others' investment views.
Experienced strategist capable of independently completing complex portfolio analyses
Ideal candidate will combine superior knack for tackling the hardest portfolio challenges with unusual grace & persuasiveness.
Strong sales communication & writing skills esp translating complex quantitative investment analysis into relevant, actionable investment solutions
rusted portfolio counselor to nation's most sophisticated & demanding investment advisors
Developer of trusted relationships with select internal & external partners
About the Company
At Fidelity Investments, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As a privately held company with a rich 75-year history, our mission has remained the same since our founding: to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.